Technical Program Manager
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Health Pay is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the office of the Chief Technology Officer. This individual is a cross between a software architect and a product manager. In this role the individual will be part of a small scrum team of top performers drawn from across the company to drive special projects in the oncology space. This team will be tasked with making targeted investments in new technologies that provide patients with more options to fight cancer. This individual should have a track record of working in a variety of different capacities. Although the role is primarily software oriented, this individual should have a broad engineering background and be able to tackle a wide variety of engineering problems using first principles. Although this role will be paired with a business owner this individual should have a basic understanding of healthcare and a passion for serving patients suffering with Cancer.
The TPM will be a senior part of a multi-disciplinary team that takes on difficult problems using an agile approach. Requirements will be fleshed out, prototypes created, customer feedback gathered, and decisions made. The TPM will be responsible for the technical parts of each initiative. As such they will need to be comfortable prototyping, learning new technologies, and discarding ideas that do not work. As much as anything this small team values a collaborative team player that is easy to work with and has a low ego. We anticipate being wrong more than we are right, and an optimistic spirit and a consistently positive attitude is an absolute must.
The ideal candidate will have solid hands-on technical skills (suitable for prototyping) in at least one relevant domain (listed below), be analytical, entrepreneurial, prolific, and be able to easily context switch between programs. Although this is an individual contributor role, this individual should have strong peer leadership, superior communication - particularly in writing and in code. A substantial amount of this position will likely involve communicating to leadership in PowerPoint and to peers in blog posts and similar documentation.
- Technical lead of a multi-disciplinary team - oversees prototypes, technology choices, and build vs. buy decisions.
- Contributes to the "idea funnel" and helps team select new areas to explore.
- Documents technology choices for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Works with contract development teams, often off-shore, to develop new applications.
- Keeper of the team’s technology vision reflecting their individual objectives as well as that of the larger business.
- Evangelizes best practices, agile methods, and promote re-use wherever possible.
- Performs technical diligence on new business and partnership opportunities.
- Explains technical concepts to non-technical communities including senior management.
- Organizes training to improve employee knowledge and skills for future organizational growth.
- A passionate advocate for disciplined and iterative development approaches.
- As necessary performs ad hoc tasks that require technical input.
Knowledge and Skills
- Hands-on technical skills in at least one relevant technology (listed below), be analytical, entrepreneurial, prolific, and be happy to context switch between projects.
- Polished presentation style - ideally someone with experience doing training / public speaking and is active on social media with respect to technical topics.
- Bold and willing to fail married with an optimistic and easy-going style.
- Experience working on a small team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exposure to machine learning, NLP, and other artificial intelligence techniques is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of DevOps practices and demonstrated commitment to its implementation
- Basic knowledge of healthcare, protecting patient privacy, HIPAA and key standards such as HL7 / FHIR are important.
- Previous experience in healthcare development is important.
- Experience working with offshore development teams is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering and 6+ years of experience working as an engineer is required.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 10+ years of experience working as an engineer is required.
- A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Mastery of at least one of these technologies: Java, Python, or C#
- Experience with AWS ideally implemented via Terraform
- Familiarity with database design and working with large complex data sets
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-02892