IT Program Manager
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The IT Program Manager is responsible for managing large-scale, strategic, IT initiatives at the program/project level. This individual will create and implement solution project roadmaps, program and project charters, schedules, budgets, and objectives for projects of strategic importance and of moderate to high complexity. S/He will be responsible for holding project teams accountable to specific deliverables and reporting progress and results regularly to leadership. The IT Program Manager facilitates project steering group meetings and ensures the steering group is prepared to make informed decisions about a program or project.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Leads and manages IT projects and programs including scope/definition, identification of appropriate resources, organization of project team members, ensuring communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives, managing vendor project relationships, measurement, and results analysis. 35%
- Track, analyze and trend project results to provide effective solutions to issues and problems. Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project risks. Develop, recommend, and implement risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate. 15%
- Communicate project status to all stakeholders including project team, steering committee, and senior IT and business management. Compile and report defined project metrics. 20%
- Manage issues, mitigate risks, and enforce the change management process for all assigned projects. Escalate issues when appropriate. Monitors dependent projects and processes to manage and reduce project management risks. Establishes a Plan B for high impact/high probability risks. 20%
- Obtains resources for the project working with the resource managers and vendors. Monitors and/or manages the project financial budget and leverages opportunities to bring fiscal efficiencies where possible. 10%|
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science, information systems, business, engineering or extensive related experience is required.
- Experience providing leadership in most aspects of program and project management in a Healthcare Information Technology environment.
- Must have 7 years + of program/project management
- PMP, CSM/ACP, PMgP or equivalent certification a plus
- Competency in active listening and relationship building, and ability to convey CTCA brand in all projects
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner, organize work tasks and information efficiently, monitor quality/effectiveness, collaborate within and across teams, and execute timely and accurate follow-through
- Demonstrated pursuit of continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to attend to multiple, sometimes competing demands without distraction (e.g., working on multiple projects, communicating through multiple media, monitoring call/chat cue, and executing follow-up activities, assisting team members)
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and rapport building
- Well versed and experienced in multiple project management methodologies and other tools and techniques.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-08224