Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care ®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff reports to the CTCA President & CEO and is responsible for accelerating and enabling CTCA strategic initiatives across the enterprise. The Chief of Staff plays a highly influential role that combines strategy, analysis and operations across major cross-functional priorities. The Chief of Staff will be exposed to multiple aspects of the CTCA business while supporting the executive direction of the CTCA President & CEO and the CTCA Executive Team.
Must Have Experience and Capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leaders on multiple, day-to-day aspects of the business spanning strategic planning, leadership team coordination and follow-up and managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Proven track record of managing sensitive and highly confidential information and providing substantive support to drive outputs from Office of the CEO, e.g. correspondence and content that reflects and reinforces the strategic direction of CTCA and the “voice” of the President & CEO.
- Ability to rapidly absorb and synthesize written and oral information to form an accurate understanding of context and issues across a range of strategic, operational and organizational issues. Willingness to align with CEO’s intent in all matters related to the enterprise to effectively present a consistent ‘face’ to the enterprise.
- Strong project management skills with understanding of project management methodologies and ability to use the latest project management tools to help the team get work done.
- Knack for taking high-level direction and thinking through both the substance and the supporting processes required to operationalize ideas.
- Deep experience using analytics to drive decisions, to solve problems and to optimize both customer-facing and back-end business processes.
- Demonstrated facility collaborating with leaders across the enterprise to prepare, edit and finalize presentations.
- Proven track record of building and nurturing “trusted advisor” relationships with senior executives.
- High energy leader, with a strong orientation for on-going coaching, continuous improvement and constructive criticism who thrives in a high-pressure, high stakes work environment.
- Strong track record of partnering with upstream and downstream operations to align project requirements, timelines and deliverables.
Chief of Staff Select Accountabilities
- Manages all aspects of the bi-weekly CTCA Executive Team meetings, including designing and gaining the CEO’s approval on the meeting agendas, providing regular initiative status updates and tracking issue resolution. Plays an proactive role in topic identification and prioritization
- Communicate with and accurately assess substantive issues with on-going initiatives and initiative leaders at direction of CEO, and exert appropriate influence tactics consistent with strategic direction and CEO’s intent to drive initiatives forward
- Leads the preparation for the quarterly CTCA National Board Meetings, including designing the meeting agendas and working with the President & CEO and members of the Executive Team to prepare the President’s Report and supporting materials for the agenda.
- Establishes an effective, engaging CTCA Transformation Office with the intent of engaging CTCA strategic initiative owners in a regular, data-driven progress review of CTCA strategic initiatives, coupled with a forum to proactively identify project inter-dependencies, resource constraints and any other issues required to accelerate progress and business impact.
- Owns and executes special ad hoc projects end-to-end from planning and project management to measuring results and recommending next steps.
- Maintains heavy communication on behalf of the President & CEO with key constituents, including patients, caregivers, Stakeholders and board members. Works with the CTCA Internal Communications Team to foster the “voice” of the CEO and ensures all correspondence is on message.
- “Can do” attitude; high energy and goal-oriented.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment with a minimum of seven years of experience at a Top 3 management consultancy or top-tier corporate strategy group.
- Able to accompany the President & CEO on key business trips (e.g. Board meetings, CTCA Leadership Team meetings, etc.) if and when required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience using data and analytics to solve problems and guide decisions.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Highly developed verbal, written, project management and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree (MBA, MHA) strongly preferred.
- Able to relocate to South Florida.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient. Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment?