Advisor, Category Management
ADVISOR, CATEGORY MANAGEMENT - SUPPLY CHAIN
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and has received numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth,it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
The Advisor, Category Mgmt reports to the Director of Clinical Category Management. This individual will be responsible for executing a comprehensive category management plan to deliver the highest value through total cost ownership. The Category Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the Department Director to evaluate, align and manage the distribution priorities for respective categories. This individual is responsible for leading procurement sourcing activities in their assigned categories. This individual will provide support for both strategic direction and tactical implementation of supply chain categories.
- Review volumes for opportunities for future negotiations, and perform pricing validation to ensure compliance.
- Support and execution of supply chain initiatives and coordinate with materials management, end users, and others as necessary.
- Conduct supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and manage the overall supplier qualification process.
- Analyze spending and develop optimization strategies.
- Identification and reporting of cost savings and cost avoidance
- Compile and organize large amounts of data to support sourcing initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze existing contracts.
- Plans, designs, executes and manages strategic sourcing activities with suppliers for various categories.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of agreements.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant experience, Healthcare environment preferred
- Professional Certifications (CPSM or equivalent) a plus
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management and Change Management preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Excellent communication skills and a high degree of comfort presenting to an executive level audience
- High degree of customer service focus
- High degree of comfort performing in an evolving environment
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solver with a high degree of initiative
- Strong procurement, sourcing and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests with the goal of obtaining cooperation
- Comprehensive proficiency of Microsoft office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word