Accounts Payable Rep
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Optimize payments of CTCA and hospital invoices, expenses, and check requests through a timely and accurate data entry and reconciliation process. Utilizes Lawson techniques and associated accounting systems to insure effectiveness of the process. Primary contact for all AP inquiries and data requests.
40% Maintain centralized Outlook account: Respond to email and phone inquiries, route invoices for GL coding and manager approval to ensure entries meet Financial Guideline requirement and coordinate directly with Departments to resolve non-compliance.
30% Process manual invoices, match PO invoices, check requests, and make payments for all sites on a timely basis, including entry and maintenance of accurate index data and save invoices into document imaging software, financial system, common drives, or email.
20% Run transaction reports and balances payment batches with allocated cash on a daily basis. Vendor statement reconciliations on a regular basis to ensure timely payments of invoices. Reviews all entries for 1099-MISC reporting requirements. Reconciles 1099 transactions quarterly and at year-end.
10% As new entities are added, support the Accounts Payable functions until new staff are hired and trained. Assist in training new hires.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Minimum high school diploma, some college preferred.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and a computer accounting system.
- Minimum of 3 years full cycle Accounts Payable experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to coordinate and manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Experience with accounting principles.
- Ability to keep confidentiality and maintain discretion essential.
- Knowledge of 1099-Misc reporting.
- Knowledge of Sales/Use Tax requirements.
- Prioritize projects and shares information to facilitate smooth operation of the department.
- Coordinates with Treasury, Management, and other AP Specialists to ensure accurate payments to vendors.
- May administer a defined program initiative or service operation of the department.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09268