Accounts Payable Associate
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE
Responsible for providing full cycle accounts payable support for effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. Utilizes Lawson techniques to ensure effectiveness of the invoice and disbursement process, including EDI, ePayables, EFT, system checks, and wire transfers. Primary enterprise contact for internal/external AP payment inquiries. Provides processing support for AP Specialists.
- Reviews and ensures all payments types (EDI, ePayables, EFT, system checks) issued are paid to the proper payee using the preferred method of payment and invoice amounts are accurate.
- Processing support for Accounts Payable Specialists. Receive and review all manual invoices, expense reports, check requests, and PO invoices for financial policy compliance, approvals and accurate GL coding. Coordinate with departments to centralize invoice review and reconciliation process.
- Scanning all invoices into document imaging system, and routing for approval with document imaging and workflow systems.
- Vendor statement reconciliations on a regular basis to ensure timely payments of invoices.
- Is able to recognize and have a general understanding of the general ledger and maintain AP related General Ledger reclassifications.
- Adheres to financial policies for all entries made into the Accounts Payable system. This involves checking for proper approval levels and manager signatures on all invoices that are processed. Coordinate directly with departments to resolve non-compliance.
- Minimum GED or high school diploma, some college preferred.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel and a computer accounting system.
- Minimum of 1 year Accounts Payable experience .