The purpose of this position is to complete external analysis and strategy development for projects delivered to senior executive leadership. The Strategy Analyst will report directly to the Director, Strategy Analysis and indirectly to Senior Strategy Analysts to complete both data-driven and research-driven analysis and will synthesize information as appropriate to complete reports or presentations for senior executive leadership. Analysis topics include competitive analysis, new market analysis (domestic and international), policy and industry research, and hospital service line strategy planning. May also be responsible for ad-hoc analysis recommending new strategic initiatives and for developing and maintaining enterprise or business unit strategic plans. Relies on quantitative and qualitative analysis as well as judgment to complete work – strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint capabilities required. Basic expectations for a strong candidate include creativity and an ‘ownership mindset’ for team work and professionalism will be required when working with executive leadership.
In addition, the Strategy Analysts are accountable for relevant project timeliness, quality, proactive development (i.e. going above and beyond basic project requirements to improve department capabilities) and project organizational work such as coordinating meetings and communications. Strategy Analysts report indirectly to Senior Strategy Analysts.
Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
- Analyze internal or external data sets (e.g., market sizing data, healthcare claims data, financial data) using Microsoft Excel, identifying key data points that will support insight or recommendations relevant to the project at hand.
- Complete research (e.g., competitor research, market research, topical or policy research) using web search tools, industry news sources and leveraging industry white papers that will support insight or recommendations relevant to the project at hand.
- Balance of time spent on quantitative and quantitative analysis will shift project by project.
Presentation Development and Delivery
- Use analysis to synthesize key insights and produce reports, presentations or strategy recommendations to deliver to senior executive leadership and other key decision makers.
- Deliver analysis by participating in formal, prepared presentations as well as through longer-term collaboration with key stakeholders to help them understand and act upon the analysis.
- Support project workflow from initiation to delivery to ensure high-quality outputs and timeliness, which may include communications or coordinating meetings.
- Exhibit ‘ownership mindset’ of work, seeking ways to improve methodology or outputs.
- Minimum of a BS/BA in Business or related field.
- Graduate Degree desirable.
- Requires 0-2 years of experience and the position is open to candidates seeking career immediately after graduation, but candidates must have a minimum of 1 relevant internship experience in related field.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Healthcare industry desirable.