Sr. Financial Analyst
SR FINANCIAL ANALYST
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in annual operating and capital budgeting, frequent forecasting, and ongoing variance analysis. The position provides reports, schedules, forecasts, and complex analyses for leadership on revenue, pricing, reimbursement, expenses, margins, productivity, other metrics at the direction of management. Prepares daily and monthly dashboards for reporting purposes. Assists with month end close activities. Interacts with department managers to obtain desired results. Provides training to budget system users. While the responsibilities of this position may include any or all FP&A activities, the focus will be on analyzing and developing a complete financial understanding of the five Regional Medical Centers.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a financial analyst is required.
- Significant Healthcare Financial experience highly desirable, preferably from a hospital or physician corporation.
- Budgeting and financial analysis experience is required.
- Advanced Excel Skills associated with building robust models for business use. Workable knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must exhibit an adaptable, can-do attitude, and must provide excellent customer service.
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to inform decision making and reach effective business solutions.
- Experience with ERP and budgeting systems is required. LAWSON ERP and EPSI experience are most desirable.
- Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem-solving skills. Able to be productive and focused with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, thorough, and analytical.
- Confident, courageous, and articulate. Able to clearly discuss complex financials and build convincing arguments. Diplomatically firm but open to new facts and reasoning.
- Must seek varied perspectives, and be transparent and objective.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to investigate variances and reconcile financial numbers.
- Able to identify appropriate tools and approaches to utilize in performing work.
#LI - KE1