Sr. Associate General Counsel - Compliance
SR ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL - Compliance
The Sr. Associate General Counsel – Compliance reports to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and is responsible for the development, administration and audit of the enterprise-wide compliance program pursuant to all regulatory requirements and leading industry standards. This role acts as a consultative resource on compliance and ethics matters across the enterprise, manages site-based Compliance Directors and provides guidance as needed.
- Lead proactive enterprise-wide compliance and risk assessment, monitoring and auditing activities to ensure compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and other standards. Leverage resources as appropriate. Ensure that effective policies and procedures are in place.
- Design, develop and implement a world class compliance program for the enterprise. Provide clear and concise legal and operational guidance for compliance across the enterprise
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of corrective actions and suspected instances of violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid similar in the future.
- Lead the development and implementation of compliance training and education.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Chief Legal Officer and senior leadership informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Provide regular update to the Board of Directors and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Monitor compliance activities across the enterprise to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Manage, mentor and coach the site-based Compliance Directors.
- Juris Doctorate is required.
- A minimum of 8 years’ senior leadership experience in a healthcare compliance role is required.
- Healthcare compliance certification is preferred.
- Experience representing a company and interacting with Federal and state regulators and others as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Federal and state regulatory agency healthcare guidelines and laws.
- Demonstrated executive presence and strong consultative skills.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employee and management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor a team of professionals.
#LI - KE1