Recruits qualified physicians for medical staff working with supervision from the National Director; he/she will perform initial interviews and screening assessment to determine candidate suitability for placement. Will also function as liaison to physician staff and monitor retention of current staff.
- Identifies and sources candidates; properly screening candidates to ensure they meet the requirements of the site-specific open positions. Must be willing to “Cold Call”
- Coordinate interviews with appropriate staff and makes travel arrangements as necessary. Completes appropriate reference and license checks, background checks, and other tasks as needed and provides complete summary of physician candidates to National Director for review.
- Networks with program directors, medical staff and professional society leadership to provide information about current opportunities. Provide written posting of opportunities to appropriate programs.
- Ability to write and create appropriate advertising documents including direct mail, journal advertisement and website postings for physician openings and monitor response to report effectiveness of venues
- Develops and manages internal/external relationships with physician candidates. Acts as liaison to physician staff, developing retention activities to support and retain current staff. Will be responsible for Locums coverage at each site as needed.
- Attend appropriate recruitment meeting as assigned by the National Director. Will include some travel and weekend commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in recruitment
- Physician recruitment experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of physician recruitment databases and tools (Practice Match, PracticeLink, etc)