We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
National Director Physician Recruitment
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the National Director for Physician Talent is responsible for providing the strategic and operational direction for physician talent acquisition, retention and development activities across Cancer Treatment Centers of America ® (CTCA). This position is responsible for effective and efficient full-cycle physician talent functions with a proactive and innovative focus on workforce planning, forecasting, sourcing, recruiting, onboarding, retaining and developing the top talent necessary to achieve the organization’s growth strategy.
- Leads the Physician Recruitment team, defines overall team and performance goals, and provides direction and guidance to maximize department and team member potential. Develops strategic and operating plans for the department and justifies yearly operating budget to deliver on the plans.
- Works with Clinical and non-clinical Leadership to identify physician-recruiting needs based on anticipated vacancies, organizational future needs, and makes recommendations on recruitment strategies.
- Maintains working knowledge of relevant physician markets, especially regional hospital markets, assesses best practices and develops successful recruitment strategies for CTCA.
- Develops and implements the physician candidate-sourcing plan based on identified workforce needs. Oversees the utilization of candidate sourcing databases and ensures appropriate follow-up with identified potential candidates.
- Develops and maintains productive ‘sourcing’ relationships with CTCA clinical leaders, key medical institutions within our regions and medical residency/fellowship programs throughout the United States.
- Oversee the physician recruitment process in coordination with both internal recruiters and external recruitment agencies as needed.
- Work with regional hospital Talent (HR) departments, administrative leadership teams and Chiefs of Staff to develop and maintain a consistent, rich, and informative orientation and onboarding program across the enterprise.
- In conjunction with the CMO, Chiefs of Staff, Department Chairs and Division Chiefs develop strategies to measure and improve physician engagement and retention at CTCA. Working with Talent, ensure development of robust physician development programs across CTCA.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications to develop and continuously update recruiting materials including physician career website, position advertisements, recruitment brochures, social media sites and physician sourcing databases and sites.
- Attend national and regional professional meetings to promote the Cancer Treatment Centers of America name and reputation in the medical community.
- Must have 6 to 10 years’ experience in physician recruitment
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role overseeing a department or function with multiple direct reports
- Knowledge of and experience using physician recruitment databases and sites such as: Practice Link, Practice Match, Doximity and LinkedIn is required
- Membership in the ASPR (Association of Staff Physician Recruiters) is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, including facilitation and negotiation skills required
- Ability to interact with professionals of all disciplines and levels, especially physicians and executives as well as outside vendors and others required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required
- Strong organizational and complex process management abilities across diverse corporate, clinical, and administrative settings preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- BA/BS in human resources, business, healthcare, or other related field required
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare, or other related field preferred